Oldalak

hétfő, február 06, 2006

Starting over...

Well I seem to be back to normal - health wise, or at least pretty darn close. Thank goodness, I was not liking being sick this time around - not that I like it anyother time, but for some reason this cold (or whatever it was that was wrong with me) came at a really bad time.

One good thing, is that I did manage to stitch more than normal the last little while, so I'm getting pretty darn close to having a happy dance with my Bent Creek Snapperville! I have a little more than 1/2 of the bottom border left to do and then add the snaps to be complete. Once I am done, I'll post a picture! Then it will be finally off to start My Stitching Treasures by Jeanette Douglas! (who by the way is a local - Calgary - cross stitch designer!!)

Since my weight loss challenge was put on hold while I was ill, I will be starting over with that as well - as of tomorrow. I thought it would be a good day to start as it will be my mom's birthday tomorrow, she would be 69 years young if she would still be with us. But I know she will be looking down on me from heaven rooting/cheering me on! Also on weight loss, one of my friends is only 5 pounds away from her goal weight, go K you can do it (even though I think you look fantastic as you are now), and my other friend has now lost 43 lbs (maybe more - she had her weigh in day today)! Go B you are an inspiration!!!


On to other news, the online stitching community was hit with a tragedy over the weekend. It lost a very valuable member in the passing of Laura Watkiss aka lauraleigh on the message boards and BB's (her blog: http://watkiss.ca/laura/blog.html). Though I didn't know Laura at all really, either personally or online, I do recognize her username from some of the online communities that I visit, and I felt compelled to comment. From the outpouring of love and support to her family and friends, shows what a wonderful, caring and generous person Laura was, and I hope her family and friends (online and irl) can get some small degree of comfort from knowing how many peoples lives Laura touched. My deepest and most sincere condolences go out to her husband, family and friends.


Something like Laura's passing goes to show just how small the world really is becoming thanks to the internet, as well as bringing home the notion that life is too short. Its too short to enjoy, but it is definetly too short to carry grudges, anger or any other ill feelings people may have against each other. All I can say is enjoy your family, your friends and your life as much as you can, don't fret the small stuf, and most importantly don't take anything or anyone for granted - a lesson I am still learning after my own mother's passing almost 4 years ago. Give your loved ones an extra big hug and tell them that you love them, let them know just how much they mean to you, I know I'll be doing that as soon as I finish this blog entry

Nincsenek megjegyzések: