Oldalak

vasárnap, június 08, 2008

A little stitching and a lot of shopping

Just thought I would show my little happy dance, I made a quick little pin cushion type pillow from the Workbasket's quaker hedgehog freebie. I used the Dye is Cast thread - tobacco leaf and a wonderful unknow fabric that I recived in my summer '07 limited edition thread pack from Dinky Dyes.



I gave it to my hubby to use a pin cushion next to the sewing machine and serger for when he is up there catching up on the sewing projects I keep giving him. (he's the sewer in the family, I'm scared to death of those machines!!!)


















I also did a little retail therapy at our local needlework store over the weekend, as well as some orders from online. (the GAST and the SMF fabric is from online)





















The patterns I bought are
- Jeanette Douglas "My Stitching Treasures Accessories" to go with my box that I need to finish off (autographed by Jeanette herself as she was in the store at the time)
-Nora Corbett Designs - "Poppy" and "Lilly" from the Pixie Couture Collection
-fabric includes
-25ct bone lugana
-32 ct clay lugana
-32ct antique blue laguna
-28ct sage jobelan
- in the package 32ct lugana in cranberry by SMF (for BBD Winter Delivery)


I also got some extra thread for the Papillion Creation's "How does your garden grow" just to be safe, and the GAST thread needed for BBD Winter Delivery.


There is also a spool the 3 stranded cotton of Valdani thread in colour M91 that I want to try. Their colours are so nice and they are supposedly colourfast as well.

And last but not least the little box is like a little suitcase, and its a holder type thing. It comes with a great pair of tiny scissors and a needle threader, and a magnet.

The only thing I bought that is not pictured is a new set of qsnaps - 11x 17.

I really want to start something new but I'm holding off for the time being, or at least I'm trying to! (hence the small pincushion to get the new start out of my system!) I've got too many on the go right now that I don't really need to add another one or two to the list.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: