Oldalak

hétfő, július 01, 2013

let's dance....

First of let me start by saying Happy Canada Day!!! Happy 146th birthday to the wonderful country I call home!


I hope everyone is out celebrating and enjoying the long weekend. 


Next up I have a happy dance to share, and a very big happy dance at that!  I am finished.....


The Last Supper!!!!!!  I AM DONE!!!! I AM HAPPY DANCING!!!!

Yes I am shouting from the roof tops, as this has been my longest WIP... I started it around 2000 (I can't even remember as it was so long ago) stitched on it, and then I had a 10 year break and didn't even touch it... from 2002 - 2012... I finally had a strong urge to pull it out and work on it last year, and since then I've been working on it off and on and as of June 29th, just before midnight I put the final stitches in, including signing my name...

Here it is in it's entirety and a few close ups of the side I was working on to finish it up...


 
 

Please excuse the wrinkles, these pictures were taken literally hot off the qsnaps... I still need to give it a bath, and then eventually frame it.

I'm now off to enjoy the rest of the weekend, and until next time... happy stitching!

10 megjegyzés:

Cath írta...

Congratulations. A fabulous finish .X

Barbi írta...

So beautiful!! I can't believe that it's finally done! What a great accomplishment!

Eva írta...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish! I have had this one stitched up for over 10 years and still haven't even put a single stitch in it! Someday.....

Dani - tkdchick írta...

Wow! What a labour of love! Congratulations!

Bernadett írta...

Wonderful.:)

Greetings.:)

Linda írta...

Congrats on the wonderful finish. What a beautiful design. You should be proud.

Linda

Jucus írta...

Itt is meg kell dicsérjem a hímzésed, nagyon nagy munka lehetett, de megérte!

Tama írta...

That is a gorgeous finish! Congratulations!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname írta...

Congratulations on your long awaited Happy Dance!

It will look amazing framed and up on your wall.

Stitchy Mc Floss írta...

Oh it's awesome! :)

Just discovered your lovely blog.

Wishing you a lovely day filled with many blessings.