Oldalak

péntek, január 01, 2016

old and new year...

Happy New Year to everyone!  I managed to have two more quick little happy dances at the end of December (I can say that now since it is January 1st)... I managed to stitch and finish both Merry One and Merry Two by Plum Street Samplers.
Both very cute and fun stitches.  I am planning on using some of the motifs from both to make into ornaments in the future.

Here they are... both stitched with the called for threads that came with the pattern, with one thread over 2 on 32ct chocolate milk jobelan by Stephanie. One of my favourite fabrics.


Since it is the beginning of a new year, it is also the annual emptying of the ort jar... these are all my orts from Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2015...

Now normally I just throw them out, but I have seen some interesting ideas of how to reuse them in the future...

And also since it is Jan 1... it is time for a new start as well..  I have been starting the last couple of years with a pattern from Jardin Prive, and I kept to that little tradition, which is now going on its 3 year.  I picked Tea Break by Jardin Prive, except I changed the pink tea cups to blue for mine...

 
 Not much to see just yet, just a floss toss...

4 megjegyzés:

Marilyn írta...

These turned out so pretty.
What a great idea to use the motifs for ornaments.
The Reindeer with the snowflakes would be a nice one.
Happy New Year!
Marilyn

Unknown írta...

Happy new year x beautiful stitching and enjoy your new start

Linda írta...

Congrats on the cute finishes Katica.

Linda

Palkó írta...

Boldog új évet kívánok, sok-sok örömmel, jó egészségben! :)