Oldalak

kedd, december 13, 2005

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

As promised, here is the picture of my finished Brittercup Designs - Britty Kitty ornament. I think it turned out cute!! Its stitched on 28ct ivory jobelan over 1. Now to just actually make it into an ornament!

We actually started decorating for Christmas today! In some ways I'm feeling very behind because I haven't even started my Christmas cards (other than the ones that I did for a wonderful exchange I'm in - those are done and mailed already) and I haven't even started shopping for gifts..., but in other ways I'm on schedule! The outside lights were finished today and we turned them on for the first time tonight, the wreath finally went onto the door outside as well as the one inside with the Christmas cards I've already recieved all hung up nicely. Invitations to our annual Christmas party went out Sunday as well, so we're doing pretty good! Tomorrow I'll put the garland and lights onto the staircase banisters and then the inside is done until we go and get our tree... but that won't be until around the 18th or 20th, and then we'll decide if we will decorate it then or wait until the 24th like we have been doing for the past several years.

I can't believe that the end of the year is almost here... as much as I love Christmas, I actually dread New Year's... not sure why but that is one "holiday/celebration" that I don't like. I don't mind the preparation and the hype for parties and stuff, its the actual turning of the clock at midnight that gets me...

The only thing we need now is some snow! We had some and then on the weekend a beautiful Chinook came in and melted 80% of it! But I know it will come... let's just hope in time for a white Christmas...

Nincsenek megjegyzések: