Oldalak

hétfő, december 12, 2005

Three sleepless nights, two final exams and a road trip to Edmonton...

Almost sounds like a song doens't it??? All we need is the infamous partridge in a pear tree!

I'm done my classes for now!! I had a final on Thursday and one on Saturday morning. I think I did okay on both, but not as well as I could have - especially on the Thursday exam. I know I messed up big time on one section becuase of miscounting, and the stupid thing is I realized it as soon as I handed the exam in!! Why couldn't the moment of truth hit me a few seconds earlier, so I could have corrected my mistake???? Oh well...doesn't matter, life goes on... My sleepless nights - at least two of them were from exam anxiety and last minute studying! But like I said I think I did okay on them... now I don't have to worry about school until the spring semester. I'm not taking anything in the winter, as we will be doing some travelling and I would miss too many classes.

The road trip to Edmonton...under any normal circumstances, that would be a good thing. Going up, staying at either friends's houses or a hotel, visiting, relaxing etc. But this time it was different! Dad was arriving back from Mexico in the wee hours of Sunday morning and we were to pick him up at the airport... however he called at 5:30pm to let us know that was not meant to be... his travel agent screwed something up and instead of arriving here, he was arriving in Edmonton at 1:30am... So instead of going to one of the local Hungarian churches for a small theatre production, Laci went to bed for a bit... I stitched. Then when he got up and we finished some things we had to do and drop off, at about 10pm we left on our late night road trip! Amazingly I didn't sleep on the way there - I may have closed my eyes for a few minutes here and there, but for the most part I didn't sleep, and anyone who knows me, knows that is a big deal since I'm usually out like a light as soon as we pass the city limits sign! Anyways, we got there in good time and then found out that according to the flight infomation board dad's plane was going to be a little late... The good thing is that it actually did arrive on time, but by the time everyone got their luggage and went through customs, it was 2:30am... time for the drive back! We did it in good time as well - thank goodness the roads were in excellent condition - dry and no snow or ice at all, and we got home at 5am...

I'm not sure I want to do that again anytime soon... I know I'm still feeling the effects a day later and I didn't even drive! I can just imagaine how tired Laci must have been...

Onto stitching stuff.... somehow in all of this, I managed to finish off the Brittercup's Britty kitty ornament (still needs to be made into an ormanet though) and it was fun - though I'm not sure I like doing over 1 stitching on ornaments - or at least on pieces of fabric that don't fit into my regular q-snaps... my hand seems to hurt more from holding the fabric in hand than from the snaps... so I'm glad I'm done this one... I'll take a picture later and share with you all.

Now that school is done for the semester and all other responsibilities are caught up with, we can start thinking about Christmas! Time to decorate the house - inside and out, and actually start thinking of gifts for family and friends... the one big thing I still need to do is our christmas cards, but my family is used to them being a little late...

Nincsenek megjegyzések: