Oldalak

szerda, március 08, 2006

Happy International Women's Day!!!

Just thought I would say Happy International Women's day to all you wonderful ladies out there! These flowers are for you, both my rl and online friends! All of you are so special and mean the world to me! Great big hugs to all of you! They are from one of our peony bushes in the backyard... the pink ones are my favourite!

On to other things... I know I haven't been updating as regularly as I have wanted but seriously not much has been happening that is worthy of blogging! Anyways, I will try to do better!

I do have a stitching happy dance to report - no its not My Stitching Treasures... but instead its a small one by The Trilogy, called Boo from their Tall Trios line. Whoo hoo! I have a whole three finishes for 2006 already!

For some reason, no matter how I scanned it, it came out crooked - it is straight! Honest! I started him on Friday (March 3) but didn't get more than about 20 stitches in, and I finished him last night (March 7) with a whole 121/2 hours of stitching time. Thanks to working on this, I have confirmed the fact that I don't like linen! Some sort of linen was included in the kit, but no thank you! I don't like the scratchiness of the way it feels but more importantly I can't stand the slubs or the unevenness of the fabric threads! Yuck! Give me a nice ole' evenweave (preferably 100% cotton) and I'm a happy camper!

Next up is going to be either a square for a quilt that I am participating on, as a gift to someone, or I really should get my butt in gear and start on my niece's wedding piece! (L&L The Wedding) but I'm having a hard time picking the fabric for it! I know, I know I should go and do a floss toss and just finally decide, but I haven't been able to get myself motivated on this one! Once I start the L&L, I'll rotate between MST and that one so I at least make progress on both of them!

While I'm on the topic of stitching, its Wednesday and that means SBQ

SBQ for this week:
Q:Do you have an organizational system for your patterns? If so, how doyou organize them? If not, have you considered organizing them?
A: Yes, I actually do have an organizational system, its nothing fancy, but it does work. I have all my patterns organized by designer alphabetically. This is for the larger patterns, the smaller ones that are printed like small cards are sort of just thrown into a box! But they are orgainzed in their own separate box! And kits in another! Here is picture of my stash closet! The top two shelves are magazines, and then the third shelf is where my patterns live... the two boxes underneath that are where the smaller charts are and the kits.


1 megjegyzés:

helen írta...

1. This is my favorite flower (one... ;))
2. This Closet: it is a dream :))