Oldalak

szombat, március 24, 2007

Shopping, stash and happy dances

Well I survived my last day of work before our vacation... what a hectic day it was, I'm glad to say it is over and that I don't have to look back at that place for a few weeks now! I do love what I do, but some of the changes that they are brining in to "simplify thing and ease the work load" are just plain stupid and makes it seem as if they are dumbing down the job (at least to me)... and plus in general it was just a busy day!

Anyways enough of that!! We went out shopping last night to start/finish up what we need to get before heading off to Hungary - my brother sent his list late, meaning I only got it yesterday but that is okay, its not a big list, and we managed to get most of it already last night so that is a good thing... just a few more stops today and then packing!

It was so funny last night while shopping, we went to Chapters - the local bookstore, and the books just kept jumping off the shelves at me to take them home! Its been a very long time that that has happened! So I managed to pick up a few (plus some extras) for my trip and with these, my empty spots on my reading challenge have been filled plus, some extra credit ones to boot! I just may take the "Thirteenth Tale" off my original list and add it to the extra credit one as I still need to purchase that one...

Here is what I got last night:
-18 Seconds by George D. Shuman
-Zodiak Unmasked by Robert Graysmith
-In the Name of Honor by Mukhtar Mai
-The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Greggory
-Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
-One More Day by Mitch Albom

Not a bad haul if I say so myself... but I know if I would have been in the store longer more would have jumped out!

Stashwise I got my automatic for the LNH & Crescent Colors Collaboration of the Fruit ones, and my automatic for the Bent Creek Red Thread series... all are very cute, now to just sit down and stitch them all up! Becuase they (Silver Needle) were a bit late on sending things out I was sent two limited editon skeins fo GAST colours - very pretty! One is called Deadwood and is beige in colour and the other is Zinnia and is purple. As per the note, these are so "Limited" that they won't be joining their regular line of colours, which is too bad, as both are quite lovely.

And on to another "mini happy dance"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Everything on the wedding piece is done except the beading!!! Whoo hoo! I do have to admit, that I totally messed up the veil - don't as how as I'm not too sure myself, so I sort of just winged it, and it looks a little off to me, so I may still tweak that before posting a picture... hopefully I will be able to post one tomorrow before we leave with the beading all done! I'm still hoping to get a little stitching time in tonight, so keep your fingers crossed!!!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: