Oldalak

szombat, május 17, 2008

Snail's pace

That is what it seems like I've been going at for the last little while. I'm still sick in a way, I can't seem to get rid of this stupid cough, and still feel a bit run down but other than that I'm okay.





I've uploaded some more of our holiday pictures to my webshots album - pictures from our day trip to Vienna. We went with my brother and sister-in-law and we had a great time. We wandered the open air market, bought a ton of yummy stuff and then went looking around the city and stopping for coffee at various coffee houses. Though it was a bit on the chilly side and even had a little drizzling of rain we had a great time.






I've also started finally loading some of the pictures from our trip to Prague. It was our first time there, and we went with a couple of friends (Ati & Zsuzsi) as well as my brother and sister-in-law again. It was great that they came, as my brother has been there before several times and knew a bunch of places to show us and to take us. We stayed at a fantastic hotel that was literally in the center and we were able to walk everywhere while we were there. It is such a beautiful city, and if you ever have the chance to go, then do it. I really want to go back, and if we do then to stay longer than we did this time. We only did a quick visit this time round, but it was enough to make us want to go back.






I've also been stitching some and have a small happy dance to share - its Bee Hive by Elizabeth Designs. It was a fun and quick stitch. Not sure what I'll do with it, but it seems to scream pin keep - I've just never made one before. So if I get the nerve up to actually finish it into something then that's what it will be. I will definitely post a picture of the actual finished pin keep if and when I do it.




It also looks like spring has finally arrived...and jumped straight into summer! Its the May long weekend this weekend and today it was +20 some degrees outside and they are forcasting +31 for tomorrow, +25 for Sunday and then it cools down to a spring like +19 for Monday. Things are starting to turn green and the flowers in the garden are finally beginning to poke out of the ground! There are actually the beginnings of blooms on our lilac bush! I can hardly wait for the actual flowers!! It will be so nice to just relax and enjoy the good weather and work on the garden.

With that I want to wish everyone a happy weekend, and I will leave you with one more picture from our trip, a beautiful magnolia blossom. I so wish they would survive here, they are one of my favourites, and I would love to have some in the garden.





Nincsenek megjegyzések: