Oldalak

szombat, május 24, 2008

Stitching update

I've been busy, but nothing blog worthy in the last little while, and I've also been stitching... I've started another SAL - the Hungarian Sampler SAL - the link is in my list and here are parts one and two that I have finished so far... I'm working on part 3 right now and will have to somehow catch up with part 4 too.


I'm using DMC 310 for the black and DMC 815 for the red. The red the pattern called for was too red for me, it was more of a christmas red, I think. I prefer the darker burgundy shades so I changed it. I am really enjoying this one and like the way the two colours look together. Much better in person than this photo... my photographing skills seem to be lacking somewhat lately.


It is being stitched on a mystery piece of 28ct fabric that I had in my stash. (sort of a bone/off white colour)



I will also be restarting another SAL that I started last year - the little houses, but I'm looking for a new piece of fabric so I can redo it. If you remember correctly I messed up my months and because of my mistake my layout (I prestitched the border) would not work no matter what I tried.


I am also going to be starting one more SAL - How does your garden grow by Papillion Creations, but I need to do a couple of floss tosses first before I start. It seems that this year is my year to stitch on stitch-a-longs.


Last weekend was the long weekend here and we had wonderful weather, and had a great time playing in the garden (the guys) as well as visiting friends. I'll post some pictures of the garden in my next post to show that spring really has sprung here (finally).

1 megjegyzés:

Juanita írta...

Mystery sampler on mystery fabric. I like it! This is coming along very nicely.