Oldalak

szombat, február 07, 2009

catching up

I have a few things to catch up on, I was tagged for a meme as well as given an award, so this post is about those...




First off Evi tagged me, what seems forever ago with a book meme.


I'm to list off 5 books that I read last year... I've been putting this one off, as I did read quite a bit last year but it was more in the beginning of the year and I don't have a list of books that I finished, so trying to find which ones I read was a bit difficult... However here are 5:

1.Innocent Traitor - Allison Weir
2.Kathy Reichs - Bones to Ashes
3.Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks
4.Empress Orchid - Anchee Min
5.The Last Empress - A Novel - Anchee Min


It seems that last year I swayed from my typical murder mystery/crime scene investigation books that are a staple on my book shelf and went more with historical fiction - another of my loves. Hopefully this year I'll keep a better record of what I read.


Next up, Jucus gave me an award. She thinks my blog is fabulous - not a word that I would normally associate with my blog but it is greatly appreciated, and does make a person feel good. So thank-you for thinking of me and awarding this to me, from the bottom of my heart! It really made my day.








With this award I'm supposed to list off 5 things I am addicted to... hmmm only 5 - figuring out which 5 to list will be interesting! These of course are in no particular order:

1. Starbucks and Tim Hortons - Starbucks all year long, not for the coffee as I don't really drink the stuff but for their wonderful vanilla steamers and hot chocolate, Tim's in the summer for the awesome iced cappuccino's. I try not to go very often, but more of a treat.

2. Oreo cookies - I can't seem to stop at one. A bag of these things doesn't usually last very long in our house (and I'm the only one that likes them!) so we don't usually get them.

3. Cross Stitch - literally anything to do with it. I have several projects on the go, I try and stitch every day, I love to browse the online stores (as well as the real ones) as well as read about it and learn new things about it.

4. internet and email - though I don't get a lot of emails, I do tend to check all the time if at all possible.

5. books - you just have to look at my overflowing bookshelf to know that one


I'm not going to tag anyone else for these, since I'm fairly late in the game and I'm sure these two memes have already done the rounds on the blogs.


I also want to add a great big thank-you to everyone for letting me vent the other day. Though not much has changed with the situation, it seems that letting things out, even if only on the blog, has helped tremendously. Since that whiney post I have felt so much better, still blue, but not that down and out with no hope in the world blue. I can see more positive things and that is always a good thing alround. So again thank-you for listening/reading/commenting.

1 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a blog adminisztrátora.