Oldalak

csütörtök, május 28, 2009

i'm still here!

I haven't really felt like blogging lately - not much going on as well I haven't been stitching all that much - so really I haven't had anything to share lately.



However, the last few weekends my hubby has been helping one of our best friends' to build their new deck. Actually more like expand their existing one. They managed to do it in two weekends and considering its their first ever deck, I think they did a great job.










Here they are hard at work still, doing the stairs. You can see where the old deck ended - where the gray railing is by the bbq. From there, the stairs leading down to the the new deck, and the lower deck is all new.







Here we are enjoying their new deck, with her mom in the background helping with the planting.




Family also came over this past weekend, and I have some pictures of my great-nephew. He is such a cutie! All you want to do is just hug him all the time! Here he is helping his great-grandpa plant some flowers.







And then just another cute photo of him. He was down in the garden with someone, while I was on the deck above, and was zooming in on him for pictures.










On the stitching front, as I said I haven't stitched a lot lately, but I did manage to finish off the letter "L" block and am almost done with "m". Once I'm done the second one I'll post a picture. A couple of us are going to do a little SAL for LHN Home of a Needleworker (too) starting this Sunday. I'm looking forward to stitching this with Evi and Barbi and seeing their progress on it compared to mine. We will be stitching it only on Sundays, as a little treat at the end of the week. Hopefully this will bring back my stitching mojo! May is usually a bad month for me anyways, so thank goodness its almost over!




Evi was wonderful and made us our very own logo for it, which is now on my sidebar! I just love how it turned out! I wish I was as talented and knew how to make those things!



I've decided to stitch mine on 32ct ivory joblean with a mix of DMC and the recommended Crescent Colours. But who knows Sunday is a still a long way off and I could still change my mind for my fabric choice!

2 megjegyzés:

Barbi írta...

Yeah! You updated! I'm so looking forward to Sunday and stitching on our SAL! I know...I'm a geek! Oh well. LOL
Love ya!!
B

helen írta...

I made a link for this sal-lhn :)) Now I can see with one click the whole work ;) ..khmm... I mean the stitch updates...