Oldalak

hétfő, július 20, 2009

stash, dance and progress

Well that thud you heard over the weekend followed by an evil cackle was just me falling off the stash wagon big time, and the stash fairly laughing/cackling with glee!

I did it, I placed an order for all 4 pixies in my last post, plus a couple of other things that have been on my wish list for a while - including Miss Crescent's Crowne - Love Birds and All in a Heart. Those are what I ordered from Stitching Bits and Bobs, however my shopping didn't stop there! I also placed an order with Traditional Stitches (a somewhat local LNS) for the July/Aug JCS magazine as well as pre ordered the annual ornament issue, plus a couple of patterns... and my clicky finger still didn't stop... I also ordered the quilt block by Cinderberry Stitches (click here to see) for their Blue Bird of Hope quilt.

Not quite sure when I will do this, as I don't know how to quilt, but those little embroidered birdies have been calling to me for quite some time. I just love how she incorporates stitching in with her quilts. I really would love to do one of her full size quilts, but I thought since the sewing machine scares the heck out of me as it is, a small square would be a good place to start!

I will post stash pictures when it all arrives!

On to the dance part of my post... I have a happy dance to share! I finished off Home of a Needleworker too! I sort of cheated, in that I had a good 1/2 hr left of stitching when I finished for the night last night, and I didn't want to leave that little bit for next Sunday, so I finished it off today.

I really enjoyed stitching this one, and I loved the Crescent colour threads except for the white/bamboo one... somehow no matter how careful I was, when I stitched with that one, my stitches all seem to be wonky... next up starting either this Sunday or next is LHN's Neighbourhood. It will all depend on when and how I can get my supplies together. I'm really looking forward to working on this one as well.

I also have a little progress to share on my Mirabilia's Autumn in my Garden...

I'm getting pretty close to a finish with this one as well, so stay tuned for another happy dance!

1 megjegyzés:

Cindy F. írta...

Congrats on another beautiful finish!! I love this one too!

It really is hard NOT to fall off the stash wagon;)