Oldalak

hétfő, július 05, 2010

stitching and garden photo update...

My holidays have been great so far, I've been enjoying myself tremendously and even relaxing a bunch. I really could get used to this!

Anyways, I thought I would update with more pictures. Yesterday was our SAL day and even the best laid plans don't always work out.

We started out with a lovely late breakfast with friends, and it was great to sit down over a bagel and starbucks drinks and just chat and catch up. Then hubby and I were to head to the mountains and enjoy the rest of the day there, but something came up and in the end hubby ended up being busy and I ended up enjoying the day stitching... so I had much more stitching time that I originally thought, so I got some pretty good progress in on Molly.



Though I'm not sure if you can tell in this picture (unless ofcourse you click it to make it bigger) but she seems to have some creepy lizard looking eyes... I didn't really notice this until I stitched them... oh well, the over all look of the pattern is what I love, so I'll just have to get used to her eyes staring at me while I finish working on her. :O)

Last week I pulled out Quaker Samplings again, and continued along with that one. Here is my progress on it as well... As of Saturday I had all of what you see done except for the center of that large quaker motiff on the bottom, I had a wonderful stitching afternoon with another friend today, and I filled that in this afternoon.

Here is a close up of what I stitched today...

And more and more flowers are starting to bloom in the garden, especially more poppies right now, so I thought I would show those off, as well as my kitty who I haven't shown in quite sometime - it is difficult to photgraph an all black kitty, but she and the weather cooperated with me yesterday when I took her photo...

And last but not least I would like to show you our "new" neighbour! The reason for the " " marks is that, we used to have a set of hawks that lived in one of our trees but for the last few years they had moved away, and I'm happy to report that they are back, this time in our neighbour's yard.

3 megjegyzés:

Jucus írta...

Csodaszépek a margarétáid! Meg az egész kerted, hogy a hímzéseid ne is említsem!:o)

Singular Stitches írta...

Very nice! Your garden is lovely!

Barbi írta...

Oh my gosh!!! You have made leaps and bounds on Molly!!! I haven't gotten close to that much done, but I will post it a bit later tonight. I'm hoping that this Sunday I'll have a good day of stitching.