Oldalak

szombat, október 18, 2014

busy few weeks

We've had a busy few weeks since my last post, including a fantastic holiday with some of our friends to New Orleans.

Before I show a few of my favourite pictures from the trip, I thought I would share a couple of happy dances! I finished off the flowers in red, white and black by Handblessing designs, but I am going to stitch it again for myself, as this one ended up being a gift.

I stitched it on 28ct ivory jobelan, using DMC 815, 310 and mill hill beads.

I also finished Salem Remembered by the Primitive Needle. I can hardly wait to get this one framed.
It is stitched on 28ct sandcastle jobelan by wichelt, using dmc 815, 730, and 3781


Now onto the trip!  We went for a week, and had an amazing time.  We saw so much and did so much that it would be impossible to show you all the pictures we took... if you are facebook friends with me, then you saw a bunch there already.  These are just a couple of my favourite ones...

My hubby and I on the porch swing at the house we rented...



City Park, sculpture garden



St Louis cemetery No. 3

Swamp tour... it was so peaceful and tranquil... one of the best things we did on the trip...


Plantation tours... we went to three different plantations... each one beautiful , but so different and yet the same.  These were also my favourite places to go... the oak trees were absolutely amazing... they definitely take a person's breath away with their beauty and size!


the French Quarter... we were there several  times, we even went to Bourbon Street to few jazz bars on our first night... not my cup of tea, but at least I can say I did it. the buildings and the architecture is what took our breath away...


now onto more needlework things... we found needle work in the strangest places...  We went to the NASA assembly centre, they have a tour and a science centre to check things out... very neat place to go, but not one you expect to find a lot of needlework... guess again!  There was a whole wall set up with a few hundred squares of stitched pieces of various space themed topics...  It was so cool to look at!

this is just a sampling of all the squares they had displayed!  The way the walls were curved, you couldn't get a good shot of the whole thing to show how many there actually was!

As I mentioned we went on a few plantation tours, and of course you would expect to find needlework there... and we were not disappointed!  Here are just a couple of pictures that we saw displayed at Houmas House Plantation...



The stitching was absolutely beautiful... and the frames... oh my... I just love them!

Being the crazy needlework lover that I am, and having friends that know and understand this obsession of mine... they were kind enough to go with me to two different LNS's...  What a treat!  The funny thing is that I think the other girls did more shopping in the stores than I did! 

The first one we went to was the Quarter Stitch located in the French Quarter, just off Jackson square... what a lovely shop!  It is mainly a knitting/crochet/needlepoint shop with all sorts of beautiful yarns and canvases, but they also had a little bit of cross stitch... it was super fun looking around...
 

We also went to Accents Inc, on our last day, which is a strictly cross stitch and framing shop.  Great selection, the models on the wall were great, and the two ladies in the store were very helpful and oh so sweet!  Love the wall of fabric they had!

 


That's it for now... hope you enjoyed checking out bits of our trip.  As I said, we had an amazing time.

Till next time... happy stitching!

5 megjegyzés:

Edie írta...

:D

Rita írta...

Nagyon jó lehetett az út!

Rita írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
Linda írta...

Looks like a wonderful trip Katica. Nice stitching.

Linda

Blu írta...

Lovely stitching. It looks like you had a wonderful time.