I also managed to have a couple of happy dances too! I finished off Geranium by Mirabillia/Nora Corbett. She is stitched with the called for threads and beads, except I made one small change to the beads... I used the colour that was called for, I just changed the size...
there are blue beads that go along the outside of her wings, and these are supposed to be much larger... well I didn't like the look of them, so I switched them out... luckily I had the exact same colour but smaller in my stash, so I didn't need to look far!
I really like the way she turned out... and I've missed stitching Mira's... I am going to have to definitely put another one into my rotation in the near future! She is stitched on 32ct tactical camo jobelan by Hand Dyed by Stephanie. You can't quite tell from the picture, but it has nice green undertones in it.
I have a second happy dance to report as well... I was wanting some small "quick" finishes to add in to my stitching rotation, and as I was playing with my stash... I came across the dictionary series by Cherrywood Designs. This is stitch... and there are a total of 6 in the original series, plus one bonus. I do plan on stitching them all. They are quite fun.
It is stitched on 32ct toasted almond jobelan by Stephanie as well, and I used DMC 3750. My plan is to stitch 3 in the same blue, and then the other three in a deep red/burgundy colour on similar fabric.
I made some progress on my Autumn Quakers by Rosewood Manor as well...
The bottom half is done, and I have moved on to the top half... I made some counting errors in the bottom left corner, so I had to adjust a few of the smaller motifs near the center to make sure things fit properly. I love working with the Valdini threads, the colours are so rich. I can hardly wait until this one is done and then get and start one of the other seasons!.
It is time to switch projects... not sure exactly which I will pick up... but until next time... happy stitching!