Oldalak

kedd, november 29, 2005

It takes two to Csardas!!!

Sunday was fun! The Budapest Ensemble (a professional Hungarian folk dance group) from Hungary is on its North American tour, and they had a performance Sunday evening here in Calgary. DH and I were the local help for orgainzing.

It was a bit on the hectic side at the beginning of the performance to make sure that everyone had a seat, and fixing ticket master mix ups etc, but it was all worth it in the end. The performance was great! The dancing was fantastic - makes me want to start up again in our local group (the Vadrozsa - who are awesome too). Everyone enjoyed it. It was a sold out show and they even got a standing ovation. At the end of the show, the dancers went out to the lobby of the theatre and got people from the audience to dance as well! I don't think too many people were expecting that but it was a nice added touch!

After the performance the some of the dancers and some local dancers and us went out to Boston Pizza! We had a great time there as well, so great infact that we didn't get home until about 2:45-3:00am! You can believe that I paid for it big time on Monday! Anyways here is a picture of some of the group at Boston Pizza.

On to other stuff - I can't believe the weather! We are "finally" getting normal November weather. Right now its -13 Celcius and snowing, and it supposed to get even colder the next few days. Hard to believe that a little more than a week ago, it was +20 here! Those poor dancers have no clue what is in store for them! They were cold here on Sunday, when it wasn't even that bad outside! They are off to Winnipeg (should be performing there tonight) and I know Winnipeg has been hit hard with the snow already!

Stitching news... I know I promised a WIP picture of my Sweetheart Tree's Victorian Roses, but I've done one better! I'll show you a finished picture! I finished it last night! I can't believe how quickly it worked up! I only have the beads and treasure to add on to it, but those haven't arrived yet... hopefully soon! So happy dance with me! Another Christmas gift is done! This one will be for my SIL. That's it for now...

Nincsenek megjegyzések: