Oldalak

péntek, december 02, 2005

SBQ and a small happy dance

Here is this week's Stitching Blogger Question:

Q:Do you have rules in the way you stitch? (i.e., Do you start in the middle? Do you determine which blocks to stitch first? Do you always start from the top or the bottom? Do you have special paths to prevent wasting thread?)
A: I don't think I have any rules in my stitching. Yes I do start in the middle almost always but that is more of a precaution that I don't run out of fabric from accidentally counting wrong. Though I can say that even starting in the middle doesn't always help me! My grandmother's 95th birthday gift is a good example! I started as usual in the middle, but still managed not to have enough fabric on the end of it. Thank goodness it was one of those long band sampler type patterns so I fudged the end...
No specific paths, I just follow the colour that jumps out at me, no particular order...

I can't believe its December already!!! This month is going to fly right by and I have so much stuff that still needs to be done - not to mention Christmas shopping!!! Anyways, I have a couple of small happy dances - I finished off two ornaments - they still need to be "ornamentified" but DH will be doing that not me. They are both the same ornament - I just changed the wording on the second one. They are by Victora Sampler. I am definitely going to make a few more of these as they are a quick stitch and will be good as extra gifts

Anyways, that is it for now.

1 megjegyzés:

helen írta...

Why didn't you tell me that you have a blog? :( Now: I start to read it!

How have you dinner with V. Gyula? He knows you, from where?... It is fantastic! :D
amotae