Oldalak

kedd, január 23, 2007

Another new week...

I do have some stitching updates to report, I actually have two happy dances from this past week's gift stitching rotation! Now I just have to actually have to finish them into what they are going to be! I would love to post a picture to show you all but the recipient reads my blog and I want them to be a surprise! However, once recieved I will show them off! So another two finishes towards my 50 project challenge!
On to other news...

I was reading on another
stitcher's blog about a reading challenge and thought it sounded interesting and would give it a go. Its the 2007 "To Be Read" Challenge where each participant selects 12 books to read over the course of the year. (Audio books also count) If you're interested, they're still taking members until the end of January.




So without further ado here is my list of books to be read this year...

In no particular order

1. Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
2. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
3. The Last Wife of Henery VIII - Carolly Erickson
4. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - J. K Rowling
5. The Partner – John Grisham
6. The Secret History of Lucifer - Lynn Picknett
7. Madame Sadayakko - Lesley Downer
8. The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
9. Heroine of the Desert – Donya Al-Nahi
10.Bare Bones – Kathy Reichs

As you can see I've hit a stumbling block in that as of right now I only have 10 books instead of the 12 required! Even this list was quite difficult in making... As two of those books I still need to buy! (4 and 8) I could have sworn I had more books still to be read than that!!! I guess the catch up reading that I've been doing the last little while knocked more books off my to be read list here at home than anticipated!

I'm going to have to go book shopping! I've been looking over the other participants lists, and found quite a few titles that sounded interesting so I don't think that finding the last two books will be difficult! I will also have an extra credit list as well, to be safe just incase one or two of the books won't be my cup of tea after all, but there won't be many on that list...

Onto other stitching news, this week's project is going to be back to my niece's wedding piece. With work being so busy already this week (and its only Tuesday!) I need a little mindless stuff to help me relax... then either next week will be back to another gift or the peonies, I haven't decided yet!



1 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Thanks for posting the link! I've got my own 'books to read' challenge thing going on my blog but was just doing it myself because I couldn't find a nice challenge to join. This is a great one though and I shall go and join as soon as I get through with my blog catch up!

Nice list of books there BTW!