Oldalak

hétfő, október 24, 2011

a start, a finish and a gift...

Yesterday, Barbi and I started on our next girl for our Sunday SAL... Mary Margaret by Carriage House Samplings... here is my progress on her so far...



Not too much done, but considering I didn't have too much time to stitch, she progressed fairly well. Also considering that I've been working a lot on 28ct lately, changing to 32ct last night was strange... those darn holes were so small! it will take a little getting used to again, but all will be well.


Next up, is a finish for me! Happy dance time! I finished off my Batch of Pumpkins by Homespun Elegance... what a fun and quick stitch it turned out to be! Except for that darn kitty! I had to frog that thing 2 1/2 times last week, but I finally learned to count again, and got everything in order so I could continue. And as you can see continue I did! I had only a little bit left as of Saturday night, but I had a sick day today, so inbetween naps I managed to do a little stitching and finished those pumpkins right up!


I stitched it up using the recommended DMC threads - with one change - I changed the pumpkin colour to 780 instead of the 782 listed just becuase I had no 782 on hand... it is also stitched on 28ct praire grain joblean - a very nice fabric to stitch on, as well as a very nice colour. I think I may need to add some more of it to my stash as I only have a small piece left.


And last but definitely not least... my gift... I recieved a belated birthday gift from my niece. She made me a pin cushion. I just love it to pieces, and it now sits proudly by my stitchy spot already with some pins in it!


I also recieved the next part in the iStitch SAL over the weekend, so I'll probably pull that out and stitch that up next. After that is done, there is only one part left before a happy dance! Then for the rest of the week, I will most likely go back to working on the tulips as I really should get those done...

4 megjegyzés:

Barbi írta...

WOW!!! You got TON'S done on MM! I had planned such a day of stitching booo hooo!!! Oh well, next Sunday! LOL Love the finish and that pin cushion is Gorgeous!!!

Mindi írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a blog adminisztrátora.
Mindi írta...

I love your pumpkins! I hate it when there's a part I just can't seem to get right, and have to frog out multiple times. That's when a project usually ends up back in the WIP pile for an extended period of time.

Unknown írta...

Congrats on the finish! :)